October is National Cooperative Month
Mountain Telephone is a cooperative. But what does that mean? There are seven principles that make us different than other telecommunications providers.
1. A cooperative is a voluntary organization, open to all people who are able to use its services.
2. A cooperative is controlled by its members who are given opportunities to actively participate.
3. Members contribute to the capital of their cooperative.
4. No matter what agreements cooperatives may enter with other organizations, its members maintain control and the cooperative remains independent.
5. Cooperatives provide related education and training for members, elected representatives, managers and employees.
6. Cooperatives work together through local, regional, national and international organizations.
7. Cooperatives work for the sustainable development of our communities.